If you are ready to invest in a new channel letter sign for your business, it’s crucial that you think about the most critical aspects – the mounting and lighting. To create the most compelling and appealing channel letter signs, use the information here.
Lighting Options for Channel Letter Signs
Most channel letters used for business signage today are lit with LEDs. You can also use neon lighting, a spotlight that shines on them from the ground or leave the letters unlit. Usually, lighting is recommended so your commercial sign is not hidden in the dark.
Specific lighting options for channel letter signs include:
- Open Face: These have an opening only at the front portion of the letters and the letters usually have a thinner edge, providing a more stylish appearance.
- Front/Back Lit: Both the front and the back of the letters are lit, which creates a dynamic look.
- Reverse Lit or Halo Lit: If you want a modern shadow style look, use this to light up the back of the letters.
- Front Lit or Face Lit: The most common lighting option used today, this method lights up just the front portion of the letters.
Each lighting option has its own unique benefits, but it’s up to you to figure out what best goes with your business and where the sign is being located.
Mounting Options for Channel Letters
Besides the lighting, you also have to choose the mounting option for your channel letters. There are several different options you can choose from. The most common include:
- Direct Mount: With this method, your sign is fixed directly to the surface of your building, which creates a much cleaner appearance.
- Raceway Mount: With this, your sign is fixed to a rectangular substrate, which contains all the electrical components. This option requires an easier installation process and doesn’t require as many mounting holes to comply with stricter building codes.
Hire the Professionals for Help
If you are interested in having channel letter signs installed for your business, there are several options for you to consider. It’s a good idea to think about the lighting and mounting options carefully, to determine which one will best suit your needs.
For example, if your business is located in a strip mall, you may have stricter regulations, which means opting for a raceway mount is likely going to be the best option.
If you aren’t sure what to choose, then work with the professionals by contacting Excel Lighting & Sign. This is going to help you choose the options that work best for your business and that will create the most visibility for people who pass by. While the process of installing channel letters may seem simple, having the professionals install them and determine the proper configuration is essential to achieve the desired results.